Fast-growing full-service dispatch company launches first mobile app to ease load booking from the road; welcomes new executives as headcount triples
MIAMI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SmartHop, the total dispatch solution that enables businesses to truck smarter not harder, today launched its first mobile application to help truckers book the best loads for their business from the comfort of their smartphone. With the SmartHop App, truckers can find the most optimal, highest-paying loads from their phone without the need to search load boards, reducing time and stress for an already overburdened workforce.
SmartHop today also announced two new key hires, as its team continues to rapidly expand to support small trucking companies. Tamara Clay joins as the company’s Head of People, and Valentina Marastoni-Bieser as Head of Marketing. The expansion signals the company’s ongoing dedication to help owner operators and drivers facing tremendous pressure amidst labor shortages.
“SmartHop is a mission-driven organization, and our goal is simple: helping carriers and small fleets operate more efficiently and profitably,” said Guillermo Garcia, founder and CEO of SmartHop. “With the launch of our mobile app and our newest leaders on board, we’re excited to take our company to the next level and help independent drivers and owner operators succeed in today’s tough but opportunity-rich environment.”
- Suggested Loads: Alerts sent directly to drivers’ phones with suggested loads picked just for them. View the load and strategy details, or dismiss it with a click.
- Load Strategy: The Strategy Details option shows a map visualization of a load strategy with multiple loads that work together to create higher future earnings.
- Load Details: All the information drivers need to know before accepting the load, including whether there are multiple pick-ups or deliveries.
- Load Bidding: If drivers are unsatisfied with the price, make a new offer! SmartHop will evaluate the driver’s new bid and notify them if it’s cleared. Once verified by SmartHop, the driver can accept or dismiss the load.
- Driver Profile: See miles, RPM and earnings tracked directly on drivers’ profile page to watch their business grow from the palm of their hands!
Clay, the company’s Head of People, is based in Florida where she will lead the company’s strategic growth of talent, organizational and performance management, including its diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Prior to joining SmartHop’s all-star lineup, she served as the head of people and culture at Cocokind. Clay has also held senior leadership positions at Bolt Mobility and was among the first 13 members of Virgin Hyperloop.
Marastoni-Bieser joins the New York team as Head of Marketing, leading the development and execution of the company’s marketing initiatives. Prior to joining SmartHop, Valentina served as the Global Head of Marketing at SuperAwesome and held senior positions at Cuebiq and USA Today.
With these new senior leaders, SmartHop has tripled its headcount since January following the opening of its New York and Colombia offices.
North American truckers move billions of tons of freight annually, and SmartHop is here to move with them as their trusted copilot. Founded for truckers by truckers, SmartHop uses artificial intelligence to deliver smart load recommendations, full-service back-office support, and fintech products for small trucking companies. We handle everything truckers need so they can focus on the road. For more information, visit: www.smarthop.co.