Engineering students from around the world competed to tackle problems associated with rapid urbanization
–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#IoT–Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS):
The Keysight IoT Innovation Challenge is a design competition challenging graduate and undergraduate engineering students to conceptualize low-power sensor networks to tackle issues brought on by today’s rapid urbanization. The contest had two tracks: The Smart Land challenge and The Smart Water challenge. Students submitted IoT sensor network ideas via online written and video submissions from April 1 – May 15, 2019.
The winner will be presented with a $50,000 USD cash prize and $50,000 USD in Keysight test equipment
Saturday, September 21st, 2019
CONVENE 151 W. 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036
More information: https://www.iotchallengekeysight.com/info/media-relations
Panel of Judges (Interviews Available)
- U.N. Public Information Officer Ariel Alexovich promotes the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and efforts to mitigate climate change, build inclusive, sustainable cities, promote gender equality, and protect earth’s oceans.
- New Generation Innovator Jeremiah Pate, Founder & CEO of LunaSonde, a remote sensing startup that provides subsurface imaging from space. A top student at Arizona University, Pate has reversed Parkinson’s twice in the university laboratory setting.
- Mehdi Sadaghdar, electrical engineer and YouTube star a.k.a. “ElectroBOOM” teaches electronics with a comic spin to show how making mistakes can be lessons learned.
- Martin Rowe, senior technical editor, test & measurement, EDN and EE Times has spent 20 years covering electronic tests and design verification technologies including bench instruments such as oscilloscopes, meters, signal sources, and their applications.
- Jeff Harris, vice president, Keysight Corporate and Portfolio Marketing; has led product development of wireless communications, sensors, and advanced networked systems for commercial and government applications, and first-to-market product introductions across radar, optics, and acoustic sensors; surveillance vehicles to drones; ultra-wideband (UWB) to mobile ad hoc network (MANET) communications.
- Christopher Cain, general manager of Keysight Electronic Industrial Products has held roles spanning executive leadership, strategic planning, R&D, and manufacturing at Hewlett-Packard, Agilent Technologies and Keysight Technologies where he oversees teams that develop, deliver, and sustain a broad range of Keysight’s electronic industrial products ranging from industry’s leading high precision power products to Industry 4.0 analytics. He holds four U.S. patents.
- Ee Huei Sin, vice president, Keysight Education & General Electronics Measurement Solutions has experience in managing general purpose, electronics measurement and semiconductor industries. With degrees in microelectronics and physics, she is currently responsible for a diverse portfolio of measurement solutions for consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial, and process control applications, as well as teaching and lab research solutions for universities.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight’s solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor, and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
This article published with permission from Business Wire